Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

A Monday Double

Mondays always start with a run on the treadmill. My week just isn’t the same if I don’t exercise on Monday. Today was no different; I was up and at ‘em early this morning. It was warm outside when I got up but like all other weekdays -- ADP was out the door before I even woke up and with young ones I was stuck on the treadmill.

I turned on the beginning of Friday Night Lights Season 3 and ran. I have finally figured out four miles is just about perfect for a show (with no commercials). I usually punch in 45 minutes because by the time the computer buffers at the beginning of the show I am a couple minutes into my run.  I get to run and finish with a nice speed walk cool-down until the show is done (43 minutes).

I mentioned it was warm. Here’s proof (outdoor temp on bottom right, normal high is 31F).



I was hoping to go for a run outside when ADP got home from work, but it was a no-go. It was down pouring. I was ready to go so I hit the treadmill again. This time I planned on three easy miles. It was good to run a second time, but I would have rather been outside. There are lots of reasons I didn’t go outside to run; one of the biggest reasons is the last thing I need is to get sick because of running in the rain. This is next to our house; the “pond” (normally covered with grass) runs the whole length of our lot.


Week Plan:
Monday: 3 miles (actual 7 miles)
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 6 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday or Sunday: 10 miles

14 comments:

Tricia said...

Hope you have a great week!

Badgergirl said...

Love the pic of "the pond." Now you can tell people you live on the water :)

And nice job on the runs!

Candice @ I Have Run said...

Way to go on the two runs!

ajh said...

Impressive doing a double! And I LOVE Friday Night Lights but don't get it right now!

J said...

yeah it was super warm out! I got out in the morning cause it was just lightly sprinkling! Great job on the double run! My IT band would be screaming after so much treadmill work in one day!

Teamarcia said...

Wow you are hardcore! The outside thermometer part of my weather station thing is busted. Suffice it to say it is nowhere near warm here though.

Staci Dombroski said...

WOW! That is a lot of water!

candlerun (htabby) said...

Ditto on the 'wow, that's lots of water.'

Great job on your runs!

Katie said...

Nice work on the two-a-day! I am digging this warmish weather :)

onelittletrigirl said...

I love doubles!!!

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
Good job on getting your runs in and it looks like you have a nice weekly plan. Holy crap is that a ton of water! Great picture! Have a good day Suzy!

Velma said...

Nice job!

Meg said...

You must run/exercise on Mondays? You are determined!

Anne said...

Great job on the two runs. Just wanted to mention that I also went to grad school while I was a wife and mom...actually, I graduated with my PhD in clinical psychology at the age of 45 :) ...So keep up the good work!