Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Marathon Relay

I’m excited for my next race, a 3-person marathon relay. The best part, I’m running it with two local bloggy friends! Felice and Amanda are the other runners and I think it is safe to say we are all excited.


Similar to the other races I’ve been doing, this race is run outside in upstate NY in February. This means we could have 50F weather (doubtful) or be in the middle of a Nor’easter and getting feet of snow. Mileage we can plan for; the weather will do what it will. I’ll be hoping for a nice February day!

The course isn’t the most exciting course ever; the 26.2 mile course is five loops of interior roads on school and state campuses. Three people means three legs (Duh!) run in this order: 9.2, 5.7 and 11.3 miles. Time to get ready to run in February.

8 comments:

Staci Dombroski said...

That sounds like so much fun!!!

Denise said...

Relays are so fun...and a blogger meet up! sounds great!

Julie said...

Happy training!! It will be a huge bonus to run with some blogger friends!

Teamarcia said...

Sounds super fun! I definitely need to try a relay one of these years.

sam said...

Relay+blogger meetup=race domination!

Jill said...

Marathon relays are a blast! So great you're doing with fellow bloggers, too. Yea!!

The Happy Runner said...

My fingers are crossed for a nice day -- anything over 30 would be fine. I think...

It is going to be great, whatever happens! We're tough mamas ;-)

Stephanie Nichole said...

Great!!! I'll definitely check out the other blogs and can't wait to see you'll up there. My mom is part of HMRR and ARE and will also have a relay team so there should hopefully be a good sized group for the races!