Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Limits of Blogging

The limits of the bloggy land are endless and the biggest right now is that most people who are reading this don’t know me in person. So, a clarification because I forget not everyone knows everything about me (OK, I’m being a little ‘the world is all about me’ for a bit).

I’m working on my master’s degree in adolescent education so I can teach high school chemistry. My undergrad degree is in chemistry, so I’m patiently working on my certification and masters at the same time. I am taking my time with my degree because I don’t want to student teach until my kids (Bugs and Punky) are both in school. Next year is the year – Bugs will be in 1st grade and Punky will start kindergarten. Fall is going to be very busy around here.

I think that is it! I really liked writing random things, so I’ll probably be doing more of it in the future. Also, since this is a running blog: I logged 6.36 miles this morning on the treadmill.

12 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
I have to hand it to you....you are a full time mom, high school chemistry teacher, runner and student!! I remember how hard it was going back to school with my busy schedule too! Just think when it is all over and you have that master's degree in hand!! You will look back and say, "How and the hell did I manage to do it?" You will most likely also be doing a big time happy dance:) Keep it up!

Velma said...

You have your hands full!! Thanks for the packers comment - my hubby was cheering for Bret, so I was quiet.

Staci Dombroski said...

High school chemistry, that is great! Great job on the run this morning :-)

onelittletrigirl said...

Working on the two degree is tough! I am working on my English B.A and M.A and with full time work it is crazy- but...it will all be worth it! Great job being a mom AND doing all the rest!!!

Teamarcia said...

You have a very exciting not to mention busy future ahead! Thing 2 starts K in fall as well. That's going to be a tough milestone for me I can tell already. sniff.

Meg said...

Ah, chemistry! That was such a fun class but so challenging. Good for you and nice run on the readmill!

ajh said...

Now I remember the chemistry! I was in awe when you mentioned it the first time I read it and then my aging mind forgot! I like the random things too. i also like the questions Christina at Lazy Bones Running is posting each week too.

Anne said...

When my youngest entered kindergarten is when I went back to school too :)

momto6 said...

Suzy - I have to tell you that the best chemistry teacher any of my kids ever had was an industry chemist first. Good luck!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Ooh! Chemistry!

I are a chemistry person too. :)

ajh said...

Hi Suzy,

I am letting you know I am running the Polar Cap 4 MIler in Lake George for your Friday fanfare. I hope it isn't too cold!

ajh said...

It is on Saturday, Feb. 6.