Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Did It and an Ouch

Yesterday's run left me with 3.79 miles left to the 100 mile mark for the month of January.  Well, I DID IT!!  I am excited, but also tired.  This afternoon I was getting antsy (more on this below) so ADP suggested a run.  I took it slow and finished the month with 100.21 miles.  Woo Hoo!! 

Antsy will be my state on Sunday afternoons until August when football starts up again.  I will watch some of the Probowl and Superbowl, but both are evening games.  Thankfully, Nascar starts in two weeks, but it is merely a substitute for football.  ADP went to grad school with Matt Kenseth's cousin so I am a Kenseth fan by default.  Kenseth has a new sponsor so I'll have a hard time spotting him on the track, but I'll learn.

And an ouch.  I've had chaffing before and always dealt fine with it.  Chaffing is no fun, but it is a part of running.  Yesterday I wore a sports bra that I have never worn on a run longer than 4 miles.  One word:  MISTAKE!  The bottom of the girls are chaffed.  I am really looking forward healing because I'm not comfortable. 

This week's plan:
Monday:  rest (did this run Sunday)
Tuesday:  5 miles
Wednesday:  rest
Thursday:  6 miles
Friday:  4 miles
Saturday:  rest
Sunday:  Winter Series Race #5 - probably 10 miles (although may do 4 miles depending on the weather)

17 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats for making your 100 mile mark!! Yea!!!

ajh said...

I get chaffed from sports bras too. I bought a seamless one from Title One but it has HOOKS in the back and they chaff. I even used fabric glue so I wouldn't have to use the hooks but something still isn't right. I am still looking for a good seamless sports bra. It took care of the front but after my last marathon I had mega sores on my back from it.

Congrats on making your 100! Good for you!

J said...

Congrats on the 100 mile month! That is great! I hate not having football...I didn't know what to do with myself today!

Lorian said...

Congrats on the 100 miles! I am also experiencing some chafing from Nike sports bra...not entirely uncomfortable, but it should be addressed...what do you use?

Tim F. said...

Way to go on making 100 for the month!

Meg said...

I still get chaffing under my arms when I go on a long run, even with Glide! It took 2 weeks for my last chaffing to go away, ouch! Nice job on the 100 miles!

Julie said...

Awesome job on the 100 miles girl!!!

Becca said...

WOW!!! 100.21, way to go! Chaffing is such a drag!

Christina said...

Great job on hitting the 100 miles in the month. At this rate you'll have no problem getting to the 1000 and 1010 miles for the year.

I chafe under my arms, above my sports bra when I run without a shirt. Ouch is right.

momto6 said...

Congrats! I just checked my January total and ended at 99.31. I never check throughout the month so am annoyed as I probably could have ground out an extra mile yesterday. Oh well!

What about Body Glide for the chafing? I have seen marathoners put it on some strange places.

JenLo said...

I have been buying the Champion ones that are more of a polyester fabric and it has totally taken care of my chafing. That really hurts! Maybe some of the neosporin with the numbing additive will help healing/comfort quicker.

onelittletrigirl said...

Way to go on 100 miles! Super impressive!

Manderz said...

WTG Suzy!!!

Katie said...

congrats on 100+- that is amazing!

Velma said...

Nice work on the 100!!

Staci Dombroski said...

Way to go on the mileage! You are awesome :-) Have a wonderful week!

Badgergirl said...

Nice job on breaking 100 miles!

And while I'm not a huge NASCAR fan, I also cheer for Kenseth.