Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fugally-Dugally-Doo

We are having a January thaw so I had to take advantage of it. At 1:30 this afternoon it was partly sunny and 43F outside with a light breeze (from the north, of course). My goal was to run ~8 miles as I headed out. I wasn’t expecting anything great because I’m tired, my cold isn’t completely gone, and while my mind was ready for a run my body was ready to curl up by the fireplace and read.

All was going along as well as could be expected. Translation = my nose was running so much there was no way I could breath through it. At one point I stopped to try to figure out if there was any possible way to breathe through my nose and then kept going. A while later I looked down and fugally-dugally-doo! I must have hit the stop button on my Garmin when I was trying to figure out how to breathe through my nose. Fugally-dugally-doo! I hit the start button and kept on going. In the end, since I was running a 3 mile route I’ve run plenty of times in the past I was able to figure out I missed 1.4 miles on my Garmin. I don’t have total times or accurate averages, but I’m ok with it because I was out there in the sun and warmth.

I wore my new Lululemon gloves today! A sweet friend gave them to me for Christmas and they were perfect today!  Nothing else I wore was of great interest today...



The January thaw ends tomorrow because we are expected to get sleet and snow Sunday night. Football tonight and tomorrow (no Packers, but I still need to keep tabs on the games) will keep me plenty busy so I have no reason to go out in the sleet.

Today: 8.47 miles (Garmin:  7.07 mi, 10:09/mi ave)
Week: 20.62 miles

13 comments:

ajh said...

The book by the fireplace sounds good. Great job getting out and running first. I have those same gloves. They are great!

Lorian said...

Good for you for listening to your mind and not your body. Nice run for still feeling kinda sick. Sorry to hear about the weather forecast.

robinbb said...

Way to get out there when you are still under the weather, it seems like a lot of people are not feeling great lately. The weather was perfect in New England today, but yes, we must return to our regularly scheduled January weather. Have a relaxing Saturday evening/Sunday.

ESH said...

I also have the lululemon gloves, I love them!

Meg said...

Love those gloves. I have a green Lululemon headband that I love! Stay warm.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I have similar gloves. When my hands warm up, I safety pin my gloves to my waistband and then I don't need an extra place to put them and I can't lose them.

Glad you had a bit of warmth today. You did a great job on your run, esp. with your cold hanging on.

Katie said...

I hate it when that happens! I hit the wrong button on my garmin once and I had to go back and rerun the route that I did so I could know how much I'd missed. So annoying! Looove lululemon. My nose runs all of the time when I'm running- indoors or outdoors, doesn't matter. Nice work on the 8 miles!

Staci Dombroski said...

I did the same thing.. the weather was too good to pass up today so I went for my long run outside. It felt great to get some fresh air! I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend!

Jon said...

Glad you were able to get outside. It hit a balmy 45 degrees down here. Heat wave! I took advantage of it.

Badgergirl said...

Nice job on the run! My nose runs the entire time I run - inside or out - but it's the worst outside in the winter.

Jill said...

I forgot to start my watch after getting water today...doesn't that just mess with ya!!?? Glad it's warming up and you're gettin in somme great miles!

JenLo said...

Hubby bought me Reebok gloves similar to those for Christmas--they have worked fantastic!

PS--It drives me nuts when my Garmin gets goofed up. Mine went dead a few runs ago and I was irked for the entire rest of the run!

onelittletrigirl said...

It was almost 50 degree here...LOVED it!!!!