Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Cool Saturday

I'm not as tough as I once was and it's all because of where I now live. It is 13F outside right now and I shied away from running outside. I have realized that even though I love winter, I do not need it to get colder than 20, especially when I am planning on running. This is perfect because according to Weather.com the average high here is 31 and average low is 13. So, to wake up and have the thermometer read 0.4F is a little colder than I’m used to.

This cool front prompted me to run on the treadmill. I have to say through all my whining over the summer about how hot the basement was getting, it is finally cool to the point that I LOVE it! I can run 10 miles on the treadmill and not feel like I’m swimming in sweat.

I did run 10.38 miles on the treadmill this morning. I hopped off the treadmill after 6 miles to stretch my legs out, roll out my ITB, and drink some water. Mile nine was the hardest mile – but that may have something to do with the movie I was watching (Batman and Robin is the worst of the Batman movies, IMHO). I finished strong, did my crunches and pushups, and drank some more water. I’m not as good about drinking water when I’m on the treadmill so I was thirsty when I finished up.

Before returning to family/mommy duty I updated my nifty excel mileage spreadsheet and realized I’m only 3.79 miles from a 100 mile month. I may need to hop back on the treadmill tomorrow to so I can have at least one 100 mile month in 2010. I’ll decide tomorrow if I want to have a go at 100 or not. Today, I plan on enjoying life.

11 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

10 on the treadmill - that's tough!

JenLo said...

That is so awesome. I put off my run until tomorrow because I can't even bear to do 6 on the treadmill and it was 0 outside when I got up! I'm the opposite about water--I can go forever outside without any drink, but I feel like I am parched whenever I'm inside on the treadmill.

I say go for the 100 miles if you can--then you'll have it crossed off your To Do list!

Julie said...

Cheers to you for your 10 mile treadmill run!! I have to watch a movie or TV when I run on the mill too!! Good job for the 100 mile mark for the month of January:) Keep smiling Suzy:)

ajh said...

I cannot imagine 10 on the treadmill. That is why I brave the cold! I think my tops on the TM is 7. Good for you!

Staci Dombroski said...

Way to get in your work on the treadmill! That is awesome that you are so close to 100 :-)

candlerun (htabby) said...

Way to and so close to that 100! :0)

Lorian said...

Good job! Go, go, go and get that 100! After tomorrow's run, I will be about that close to 100!

Anne said...

I'm for going the extra 3.73 miles (well, you, not me)...100 miles in a month!! Cool milestone to hit :)

Kelly said...

Nice treadmill run. 20 degrees is my limit too...it just hurts my lungs too much to run outside when it's colder than that!!

Badgergirl said...

10 miles on the treadmill? Ouch. I thought six was bad. Nice job on the run! And I say shoot for 100!

onelittletrigirl said...

Awesome on the run, I have never done more than 6 on the treadmill so I give you props! And 100 for the month...awesome!!!