Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

4 Wheels and a Plan

I am happy to report that we picked the car up this afternoon and now have two new tires on it.  Yes, it was my fault the tire blew - but in all fairness the curb got in my way.  Now that the car is back I can focus a little more on everything else going on, like getting the kids and ADP out of the house (back to reality day for them...school and work).

I really wanted to go for a run yesterday (only two days after my half-marathon), but it was cold and Sunday = FOOTBALL!!!  I didn't go yesterday, instead I got up this morning and ran three on the treadmill.  My legs felt great.  I loved getting back so soon.  No pain.  No discomfort.  Just me, my treadmill, and another episode of Friday Night Lights (have I mentioned I like football?).

I don't really have a plan this week.  I was waiting to see how my legs were doing after Friday's 13.1.  Since my legs feel good this is my adjustable plan for the week.

Monday:  3 miles (done!)
Tuesday:  nada
Wednesday:  5 miles
Thursday:  evening butts & gutts class followed by yoga/pilates mix class
Friday:  3 miles
Saturday:  nada
Sunday:  Winter Series Race #3, probably 3 miles

8 comments:

robinbb said...

I swear I used to hit this same curb all the time until my tire finally got mad at me as did my husband. :) Luckily I quit my job so I don't have to worry about making them so mad anymore.

sam said...

Yay for getting the car back!

Wow Suzy you are up and at em right after your 13.1! Way to go!

Elizabeth said...

Go Cowboys! With a teenage son, I have been forced to watch football...Saturday, Sunday, Monday and every Bowl game! Needless to say, I love football as well. Great job on getting back on your feet. I can't wait to get back in shape. Pilates tomorrow...or as Sami would say pain-lates!

Staci Dombroski said...

I hate when those curbs get in the way!!!

Badgergirl said...

Darn curb. Doesn't it know it should look both ways before getting in the way of oncoming traffic?

And um, the Packers were on. Nothing can get in the way of Packer viewing time. :)

Jenn said...

Just catching up on blog reading! Great job on the half!! I hate curbs! I also hate Packers..lol!! Nice plan for the week! By the way, I'm wearing a purple Brett Favre tshirt as I right this :)

Nancy said...

I just love Friday Night Lights and way the characters perform,But many a times when I miss any episode of the show then what I do is simply Download Friday Night Lights online.

Mark said...

You are running so well! Congrats on the great HM finish,BTW.