Without further delay, my 2011 races:
- 1/1 Hangover Half, Winter Series #2 In 2 days I'll be undertaking another half marathon. I did this race last year (it was the race that I couldn't get home from because I blew a tire in my car, RR here). I'm ill prepared, but it is supposed to be a balmy 42F and I'm running it with Amanda so I know we'll have a great couple hours. I'm going for 2:15 (my longest half ever, but I am starting the year out with a race!!).
- 1/9 Winter Series #3 I volunteered at this race last year. This year ADP and I will both run! I'm planning on running the 3 mile version while ADP will tackle the 10K.
- 1/23 Winter Series #4 ADP and I ran this race last year (RR here). I have to decide between the 3 mile and 15K when the time comes. If history says anything, I'll talk to Amanda and hopefully we can run another WS race together.
- 2/6 Winter Series #5 The last of a series of 5 free races (free if you belong to the group that organizes the races). I do not know what distances are involved in this one, but last year I did a 4 miler (RR here). I have to go because it is free!
- 2/20 3-Person Marathon Relay The Pink Ladies are back! Yes, Felice, Amanda and I are running the 3-Person Marathon Relay again this year. I'm stoked and cannot wait. We did it last year (RR here) and will have a blast again this year. My goal this time: no food poisoning prior to running!
- 4/2 13.1 New York Half Marathon Something new! I've never traveled for a race nor has the family done a weekend in NYC, so we are combining the two and I'm running the 13.1 New York Half. It looks like a flat course and the family should have the opportunity to see me a few times. The cherry on top, Felice, Amanda and some of the group from last year's Freihofer's Run for Women will all be there running! I'll practically be a party.
- 6/4 Freihofer's Run for Women I'm going back for another round of 4,000 women running a 5K on a looped course that has elite runners leading the way. Last year was hot (RR here), other years it has been cold and raining. What will 2011 bring?
- October (date unknown) Squirrely Six Another something new! I'm going to run my first trail race. I've never run trails, so I'll work on adding them in this summer. It is a 6 mile course and if it goes well I'll up it to the half for 2012. I'm getting ahead of myself though; one year at a time.
- November (date unknown) Stockade-athon Another something (sort-of) new! I have never run this 15K. Actually, I've never run a 15K at all, so new race and new distance. Just last month I volunteered as a course marshal (report here) and although there are some hills in this race, I plan on being ready and having a great time.
- 11/20 HMRRC Turkey Raffle Hour Run Another repeat here (RR here). I can't wait to do it again. Maybe I'll get more entries into the raffle in 2011.
- 12/11 Winter Series Race #1 And another year of Winter Series Races begin!
It is going to be a marvelous year! I am also going to go for 1,050 miles next year, which is more than this year.