Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wind Down Week

My four weeks of crazy-busy are finished!  With them behind me, I started my wind-down week Sunday after the race.  I usually don’t have a wind down week until the semester is finished, but class on Wednesday night consists of getting our project grades, watching a 25 minute video, and filling out course evaluations so the class is as good as finished.  (Side note:  I had a dream I got an 89.5 on my paper – I don’t remember ever having dreams about grades before.)

Sunday I didn’t do a good job of winding down; probably because my Christmas shopping wasn’t finished (I finished in Sunday afternoon).  I took yesterday to wrap and package gifts to be sent to family.  By last night I was finally able to settle in with a book and actually focus on what I was reading (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Larsson). 

Since it is wind down week, I didn’t schedule a lot of exercising.  I did get in a 6 miler this morning on the treadmill making it the only day this week I am waking up before 6 a.m.  See, winding down also has to do with catching up on much needed sleep.  The rest of the week will consist of trying out a class at the gym Thursday night and a 10-12 miler on Saturday.  That is it.  No daily exercising.  No getting up early.  No pushing myself too hard.  I’m planning a relaxing week because (as far as I’m concerned) I deserve one. 

No week is completely relaxing.  This afternoon I am taking apart some of the kitchen and raising the countertop so the new dishwasher can be installed tomorrow morning and I’ll be putting in a new kitchen faucet after the dishwasher is in.  No kitchen sink means we’ll just have to go out to dinner tonight.  I like going out to dinner as much as the next person, but we’ve been without a dishwasher since before Thanksgiving and I just want the thing in and working.  I’d rather take a home cooked meal and a dishwasher to wash the dishes over going out.

I’d like to say wind down week is a week in progress.  I just re-read this post and I’m not in a Zen place yet because it reads disjointed and closer to stream-of-conscious than organized blog.  Oh well, just bear with me this week.

Stay tuned:  I’m working on a giveaway for my 150th blog post.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad for you that you are done with school for awhile (no idea what's up with that dream...but I'm certain you rocked that paper!!) and are in a wind-down phase. Much needed! You'll get there. The holidays are just overwhelming much of the time anyway so the fact you don't have school work on top of them right there is sweet!!

onelittletrigirl said...

Being done with school is wonderful :)

Tricia said...

Congrats on getting a break from school!

Manderz said...

Yay for your break from school! I think a week to cut back from exercise is a great idea and I think its actually recommended! ENjoy your week :)