Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Play Time

I skipped my run this morning because I was just too tired to get out of bed.  I don't even remember turning my alarm clock off.  Good thing I got an extra two hours of sleep because the kids and I spent the morning playing. 

We're having a SNOW DAY!!  You have no idea how much I love the snow.  I took the kids outside right after breakfast and I used the snowblower to clear the driveway.  When I was done we came and and the kids watched a short movie while I tackled the snow the plow left at the end of the driveway.  Then, it was time to go back outside!!  This time I shoveled the driveway and got the snowblower back out to help a neighbor.  By noon I'd been outside three times and the only thing I wished was that I hadn't gone inside at all. 

I LOVE WINTER!!!
I have no pictures from this morning..but look at the picture to the right and add 9" of fresh, very heavy snow and you'll get the idea.

8 comments:

Manderz said...

You're nuts :) And I mean that in a very loving way lol

I loathe the snow. Actually, the snow isnt that bad if I dont have anywhere to go. The roads were horrible this morning. Did they take snow removal out of the budgets??!!

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

Sounds like you had a bit of a snow workout, but it sounds like fun! That's a great snow pic in your sidebar!

Jill said...

I am officially done with winter. Today was -7 degrees when I woke up to run. Not that that is typical but I miss summer! Sounds like you had a blasty of a day, though...those are so fun!!

Badgergirl said...

Must be the same storm. We got about a foot of snow here. Thankfully my apartment complex handles the shoveling. :) I only had to shovel the drift in front of my garage door so I didn't get stuck on my way to work.

ShutUpandRun said...

Thanks for the info on bated breath...were you an English major or something??? You are one smart chick.

Wendy said...

Snow day here today too! We've been having so much fun!

Jenn said...

I love snow too which is probably why I live in MN but I hate sub zero temps. We are laden with inches of snow but it will hit 30 below zero tonight. YUCK!! Too cold to enjoy it! Sounds like you could afford to skip your run since movin' snow can be quite the workout!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

How FUN!! It rarely snows here and when it does people have no idea what to do...makes it less enjoyable..

I overslept my alarm yesterday too.. OOPS!! Thankfully I made it to work on time.