Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Not So Random Thoughts

My life as a stay-at-home mom is the most rewarding thing I have ever done.  Yet, it leaves a lot of time to think (did you know you can play Candy Land on autopilot?).  My thoughts take on reoccurring themes after a while.  Here are some thoughts I have almost daily* (some are rhetorical, some not).

  • What would happen if I stopped eating my daily cookies and York Peppermint Patties?
  • What should the theme of Punky’s birthday party be?
  • I really need to buy some jeans that will stay up without a belt.
  • What should I read next?
  • Does today’s list really need to be done, or can I read instead?
  • Will I ever have a flat stomach?
  • What could I accomplish if I really put my mind to it?

I have thoughts on some of my thoughts (I’d probably be a bear if I stopped eating York Peppermint Patties, which means I’ll probably never have a flat stomach), but those thoughts are another can of worms.

Perhaps I'll ponder these questions tonight when I go to the gym.  I am planning on trying out two new (at least new to me) classes.  The first is a 30 minute class called Butts & Gutts.  I looked up the description of the class and it says "Need we say more?"  I guess not.  The second class is Body Flow and I have no idea how long it lasts, probably an hour though.  It is a combination of Yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates.  I may not have time to ponder my random thoughts tonight if the second class is too complicated.  If I do not have time for extra thoughts on my thoughts I'll probably end up better off in the end.  :)

*For ease of blogging, I have only written the thoughts about me and skipped those related religion, politics, school, etc.

1 comment:

Manderz said...

Butts & Gutts sounds like an interesting class! Cant wait to hear all about it