Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Enough is Enough

Dr. Punky, age 4, dressed in princess shoes and purple jeweled gloves recently gave me a thorough examination. It included things like listening to my breathing and looking in my ears. She gave me four shots and announced "You have an itis." I asked if the shots would help. All she said was "You need to see a second doctor."  Never question the doctor.

I like to keep people up to date on what is going on with me. Growing up, my family always knew if something hurt, whether I had a hangnail, or how I was healing from a past incident. Well, it appears I’m doing it again.

My ITB is tight. My toe hurts. My ankle… My back… Ya-da, ya-da. Enough is enough. I am going to make a concerted effort to keep the pain updates to a minimum. Let me just say this: something will hurt.  Perhaps I should listen to Dr. Punky and go to a second doctor.

Disclaimer: I am making no promises that I will be able to keep my fingers from typing “woe is me” updates.

4 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Oh the woes come out...it is all a part of running.. Just take care of the BIG woes so they don't become injuries.

Love the "itis" diagnosis, I see a future in medecine.

Jill said...

Dr. Punky surly fixed all hurts with her 4 itis shots!!! That was about as cute as it can get. Aches and pains are all part of running; it's so nice to know there's fellow achers and painers out there - together we unite!

The Happy Runner said...

Ha! That's great -- you have an itis! Kids are just so cute :-)

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

Oh, too bad! The good thing is that it's kind of chilly for a run right now so it's a good time to take it easy.