Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dinner versus Lifting

Here it is: I skipped the gym last night and we went to Moe’s Southwest Grill as a family instead. So, instead of lifting and getting fit, I consumed more calories than I did for Thanksgiving dinner. Let me tell you, it tasted great and was exactly what the day needed…although I did eat a few too many chips.

I tried to redeem myself this morning by running 5 miles. I made it through all 5 miles pain free! No tightness from my ITB, no ankle discomfort, no pain in my right toe. I loved it!! Buying a foam roller is one of the best purchases I’ve made recently because it is really helping loosen up my ITB.

I have class tonight and I have a draft of my paper printed and ready to hand in. It should be roughly 20 pages and I have 24 pages. Admittedly, three of the pages are pictures tacked on at the end, but that still leaves 21 pages of words. I’ll hand my paper in tonight (along with the rest of the class) and my professor is going to have them all proofed with his ideas by noon on Friday. So, I’ll be heading back down to school sometime this weekend so I can pick my paper up. The final version is due next Wednesday, so between running, eating M&M’s, and company I’ll be tippy-typing away in hopes I get a good grade.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Well, sometimes a few too many chips are what the doctor orders. That's gotta be one amazing paper, I'm sure you feel a sigh of relief as it's almost done! Congrats!!!!

The Happy Runner said...

That's great about the 5 pain-free miles! Love that foam roller...

Velma said...

I am glad you had a great run!! Good luck with the paper.

RunToTheFinish said...

OHH let's hear it for not ITB pain that is the best feeling