Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

6.5 miles to Walking

There was no Friday Fanfare because no one (that I know of) is running a race this weekend. If you want to be included in the future, just leave a comment. Also, welcome to the new followers!

I am in the middle of having company visit. My mom and her significant other Bob flew in on Thursday night. They’ll be here until early Tuesday morning when ADP will drop them off at the airport on the way to work. It is wonderful to have the kids so occupied, even if they are on overdrive.

I got up early this morning (before the company was up) and planned on running 12 miles on the treadmill. All started well this morning. I was going along at ~9:40 min/mile and then my knee gave way at 6.4 miles. I stopped, stretched, and tried to run again. It was a no go. So, I walked 0.5 mile, stretched more and slowed way down. I let go of my goal to run 12 miles and just focused on running. Slowly (12 min/mile) I finished my run with minimal pain. I wasn’t too far off my 12 mile goal because I did manage to get 10 in this morning.
When time allows, I’ll download the pictures off the camera and try to get one or two up here. I hope you are having a great weekend!

Week in review:  21 miles and 75 push-ups (most of them girlie-style)

4 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

There are lots and lots of racers this weekend.. Weird huh??

Sorry about your knee, way to get in 10 when you have company!!

Jill said...

10 on the treadmill is incredible...sorry though that you didn't get to the 12 but that was really close. Hope the knee heals ..frustrating I'm sure!

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

Ten on the treadmill would not be fun! That's perseverance!

Hope that knee pain goes away!

onelittletrigirl said...

I need to get going with the push-ups...for sure a 2010 goal, I want jacked arms!