Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Ends with a 3 miler

I went on my last run of 2009 this morning. My whole body has been tight since my run on Sunday (no amount of stretching was helping) so I took a short run on the treadmill this morning. I took it easy because my main goal was to loosen my body.

The end of the year prompted me to look back at the last year. I ran three races for a change (I used to only run a 5K in June), this year I added a virtual 10K and a half marathon. I enjoyed the longer distances and have kept an 8 to 10 miler in my weekend plans since.

From my running journal:

Dec. 30, 2009: 6:20 am, took foot plates out of shoes for run, whole body tight (Sunday's run?), 3 mi @ 6.1 mph, cool, 1% incline. Total: 35 min, 3.26 mi, 145 ave heart rate. [19.6# lighter than one year ago.]

Dec 30, 2008: 5 am, light headed from run, 1 mi @ 5 mph + 2% inc, 1.25 mi @ 4 mph + 3% inc, cool @ 3 mph, 1% inc. Total: 2.38 mi, 33 min.

What a difference a year makes!

I also went back and added up my 2009 mileage. I had no idea what to expect when I started typing the numbers into my newly formed “Mileage” excel sheet. I was happily surprised with the results: 874.71 miles! Perhaps I should try for 1,000 miles in 2010.

2 quick side-notes:
1. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway here. It ends with 2009.
2. The storm is tracking a little further east than thought, so my Friday half marathon isn’t out of the snow, but according to the local meteorologists “this storm will impact the region however some areas may just escape measuring the snow in feet.” I love snow, but I’m hoping for inches instead of feet this time.

8 comments:

Staci Dombroski said...

Wow, that is a lot of miles for the year! Way to go :-)

Manderz said...

Awesome job! It's amazing what a difference a year can make.

I don't know what to do about friday. I really hate to drive in the snow so even if its just a couple of inches I won't want to drive. I am kinda hoping they post-pone the race but I have a feeling that wont happen!

shellyrm said...

Suzy ~ Thanks for becoming a follower and being the first to enter the aMaZiNg GiVeAwAy on my blog!...just like running, there should be a prize for first! Humm, I'll have to see what I can do about that! ;-)

Great job on your year of improvement!

sam said...

Now I really want to start a running journal. I think looking back like that TO THE DAY and seeing how far you have come has got to be an amazing feeling! Congrats you really dominated 2009!! I definitely think you can go for 1000 miles in 2010!

Mark said...

Awesome mileage, Suzy! You can easily run a 1000 next year!

ESH said...

Congrats on all the year's accomplishments- between the 2008-2009 transformation and the mileage, you had a great year for running! And, I love snow too-just not when it impacts my running!

Tina said...

Here's hoping for very little snow and for a fun half marathon day!

Badgergirl said...

Nice transformation during the last year! And great mileage for 2009!

I'll cross my fingers the half marathon doesn't end up wih feet of snow!