There are a lot of things going for a spring/early summer marathon.
- I have no spring plans
- I am taking the spring off of graduate school
- It is cool in the spring
- The marathon I’d most likely do is over a long weekend (Key Bank Vermont City Marathon in Burlington)
The downfalls aren’t as numerous, but they are still in my mind:
- I don’t think I could train for a marathon alone
- I would probably join Team in Training [http://www.teamintraining.org/] for the marathon (raising money is a daunting task) or find a group to run with (how does one find a group like that?)
- I’ll be an assistant coach for Punky’s soccer team on Saturday mornings
Is there ever a good time train for a marathon?