Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Unexpected Weekend

I finished my test Saturday morning, went home and spent a little time with the family and then curled up on the couch with a novel (The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fioato). It was wonderful and then turned unexpected. Punky woke up from her nap with a rash and she couldn’t stand still it itched so much. So, off to urgent care we went. An hour later I dropped Punky off at home and went to get her prescription filled (she’s doing better now). I made it home just in time for dinner only to realize I didn’t prepare anything for myself. The next couple hours went well! Then, in the middle of the night we had a sick kid. Punky was afraid of going back to sleep so I “slept” in her bed with her. Punky rolls, kicks, hits, and pushes when she sleeps. She slept. I got beat up.

Sunday morning came and Punky was no worse for the wear. She was having fun, eating, and moving around like nothing had happened in the previous 24 hours. I was dragging and down-right tired. So, not only did I skip running on Saturday because of my test, I skipped running on Sunday in the 63F weather because I was too tired. I’m determined to have a better exercise week than weekend so I started it with 800s on the treadmill this morning. I’m tired, but for a good reason this time! Here’s my week plan.

Monday: 6 x 800s (done!)
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: Doctor appt…hopefully good news
Thursday: Gym
Friday: off
Saturday: 9 miles

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I would NEVER be able to sleep with either of our kids, they sleep sideways and turn in little circles all night. I always find them in crazy positions.

So sorry Punky had a rough weekend. The words Urgent Care make my cringe...