Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thanksgiving Recap

Today was wonderful, busy, and full of good food.  There were a few things that we needed to schedule around.  Punky spent all day Wednesday talking about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and how she was going to watch it in her pajamas.  Well, there is no disappointing my four year old girl, so we planned on a TV morning.  Then, the Packers played the Lions starting right around lunch.  Thanksgiving is not the same without football, so when the parade finished we were planning on watching the game.  Then, there is the food preparation that I hadn't started at all.  And, I signed up for a Virtual Turkey Trot at Ambitious Aspirations.  The question was how to fit it all in.

I did it all.  I was up early to get the pie crust and the bread started.  Then, when the rest of the family watched the parade I went for my Turkey Trot 10K.  I'm not sure how the rest got done, but it did.  I couldn't have done it without my partner in crime, ADP.  It seems he spent the day washing all the dishes I made while preparing our Thanksgiving Feast. 


I've never run a 10K and while this wasn't a sanctioned event, I will definitely count it toward my goal for this decade.  I ended up running 6.29 miles this morning in 59:24!  I am very happy with my run.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

4 comments:

Badgergirl said...

Nice job getting everything done! Ad Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without some football. :)

Jill said...

You excel at multi-tasking!! Great time on the 10K ... I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hehehe I sorta feel guilty I had nothing to cook and only fit in the 1 miler. Way to go supermom!!

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

Great time on the run! And if you were in a race with runners all around and people cheering for you, you'd be even faster!