Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Out of the Mouth of ADP

ADP (a.k.a. husband extraordinaire, excellent chemist, king of vacuuming) stops at the gym three times a week to exercise. His knees aren’t great, but that doesn’t stop him from running three miles once a week. For Father’s Day he decided to find out how he’d do at a 5K and he finished in 19:19. No training. No speed work. Just plain talent…or maybe it’s his 36” inseam. Either way, the guy is fit and can run.

What does this have to do with me? It is something he said over the weekend. I was trying to catch up on my blog reading (Google reader is a life-saver in this arena) and I was reading Running off at the Mouth post “Some Weekend This and That”. She just had her 11th anniversary (Happy Anniversary!!!) and how did she celebrate? She went on an 11 mile run. I had to share with ADP because it is a great idea.

Then it happened, he said he’d run 10 miles with me next year to celebrate our tenth anniversary. I had to up the ante a little and said 10 would be great, but the Marine Corp Half-Marathon (the race I just ran in Oct) is usually two weeks before our anniversary and THAT would be really cool. We talked a little about it (details like how he’d have to train some, we’d need a sitter, if we’d run together or would he finish and have to wait (forever) for me). Details we’ll iron out later. For now, I have a date for my 10th anniversary!!

9 comments:

Jill said...

An awesome anniversary gift for sure :)!!!

I need to look into Google reader...thanks for the tidbit!

Happy Wednesday!!

Jenn said...

Nice gift!! I'm trying to remember what I got for my 10th anniversary....Hmmm!

Badgergirl said...

Very cool!

robinbb said...

So so sweet. Your husband is an awesome runner, I am jealous of his natural talent.

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

What a great anniversary that will be! Much more interesting than just going out to dinner!

JenLo said...

That is awesome!!

sam said...

Now that's what i call celebrating an anniversary! What a great idea!

Also I am completely jealous of ADP's natural running talent! 19:19!? That is AMAZING!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

YIPPEE!! My hubby and I will be running HIS first 1/2 Marathon together next year too.. Fun times ahead.

The Happy Runner said...

Yay! That's such a great idea! I wish I had thought of something that cool when we celebrated out 10th. Maybe I can get the hubs to do 13.1 when we celebrate our 13th!

And, I wish I could just bang out a 19 minute 5K! That's awesome!