Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Flabbergasted

I went out on my much anticipated run today. I’m glad I planned on only five miles instead of my originally planned 10 miles. Regardless of the distance, I’m still flabbergasted when I plug my Garmin into the computer and it comes up with times in the 9:xx range. I’m simply flabbergasted.

The run went well and I started too fast (9:01!). My ankle felt good (no brace today). My ITB felt good for the first four miles and then got tight so I took a quick break to stretch it out and finished my run home. It doesn’t hurt now, but I’ll continue to stretch it and add some ice in soon too.

My slowest mile was when I stopped a couple times to fidget with my mp3 player/radio. I was desperate to hear the score of the Packer and 49ers game so I was searching around for a station with NFL scores. Even ESPN radio was failing me today; it was very sad. So, I gave up my quest after a few feeble searches and turned my music back on. I was happy to see a nice Packer lead when I got home from my run (unfortunately for me they are not on TV today, hence the Sunday afternoon run).

I have to shout out a big “Thank You” to ADP because when I walked in the house after my run he was making cookies and let me eat some of the cookie dough! ADP making cookies is something that happens every weekend. This weekend his timing was spectacular!

6 comments:

JenLo said...

Wow! Your time is awesome! It must be such a pump to see that pace after not really knowing for sure before. Glad your foot/IT is feeling better. Ran my first 4-miler today :)

The Happy Runner said...

Glad you had such a good run!!

Jenn said...

Isn't it awesome to see your improvement?!! I WANT some cookie dough!!

Teamarcia said...

A good run + cookie dough = the perfect day!

Tim F. said...

Glad you had a good run . . . not glad about the Packers.

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

I'm thinking cookie dough would make great post-run food!