Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

And the Sun Went Down

Yesterday was different than all the other Wednesdays this semester, I didn’t have class. I took full advantage and went for a run when ADP got home. I usually don’t run in the late afternoon and on the occasion I did, it was still light. I started on my run and the sun went down. I learned a few things yesterday.
  1. Do not run outside the subdivision when it is dark. There are no lights on the pathways or roads.
  2. Wear gloves when it is below 45F. My hands got cold.
  3. Be prepared to be blinded by the random guy driving toward you with his lights on bright.
  4. When the Garmin beeps, nothing is wrong and there is no need to stop.
  5. Why doesn’t Garmin have an indiglo button? I couldn’t see the face at all.
I did get 5.2 dark miles in Wednesday evening. It was good to go out an run, especially since it may be my last run until Monday.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

It's getting dark here so early-5:00. Makes it hard to get out after work. I think I'll have to invest in a headlamp! Great job on getting out there!! Are you sure you don't have a light on your Garmin? I have the 405 CX and there is a light.

JenLo said...

I think if you push the power button on your Garmin for a second, it will light up--mine does anyway and mine's the lowest model.

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I want a garmin! But I bet the beeping would drive me nuts!

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

45 would be chilly! Have you found the light on your Garmin yet? My 205 light turns on for a second like JenLo said when I touch the power button after it's turned on. You can set it up to stay on, too, I think. There's so much on those Garmins, I don't think I'll ever know how to use all of the neat features!

sam said...

Oh my gosh all this garmin talk. I want one so bad. haha

jeez suzy below 45!! I complain when it is in the 60's here (socal) I guess i really dont know cold!

JenLo said...

Target has a cheap model Garmin for about $100 bucks over in their hiking section with the Eddie Bauer stuff. Has all the basic features that a runner would need.

Tim Fitz said...

I have the Garmin 405 and you can also get the light if you have it on unlock and you touch it with two fingers (then it will light up).