Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Ahhh…

Today is a new day. Yesterday was…well it’s in the past and I’m not going to dwell on it. Thanks for your comments yesterday – they really made my morning when I got them this morning.

My cold seems to be winning because I’m still blowing green gunk out of my nose (4 days running). Colds not only make me tired but also keep me up at night. Not a good situation. I still plan on beating this cold, but at this rate it may take until Christmas.

I was up early this morning for a run on the treadmill. It wasn’t my best run, but I ran! I am still cautious about my IT-band. I walked .5 mile and then did lots of stretching. When I was done stretching my computer finally agreed with me (update troubles) so I could turn on a movie. I ran three miles and it felt good. Just before the three mile mark my IT band was getting tights so I walked the last 1.25 miles. When I finished I did more stretching and some push-ups and wha-la, I was ready for my day.

I have to toss out my plans for a 10 miler tomorrow. I plan on going out for a 5-miler instead. Five is better than today’s three!

Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

Yeah, the ten miler can wait until you're feeling better.

I like the new stuff on your blog! Your new background is a pretty one!

So you're running another half, huh? Fun!

Happy weekend!

Jill said...

rest is fuel when you're got some bad cold or recoverying from hard runs! Take care of the body, a 10-miler can come later.

Teamarcia said...

I hope you get over that cold pronto!