Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Slowest Run

I know the books say to take a day off for every mile raced, but I think one's body and family need to be listened to as well. I think if I took 13 days off of exercising my family may try to kick me to the curb because I'd go crazy. Plus, I felt good yesterday (as expected, my legs were tired yesterday and my quads tight). So, I decided to run this morning.

I slept in a little and then did what I will call my slowest run since running regularly. I purposely went really slow and did not have any incline on the treadmill. My plan was to run or walk three miles. I took a break at 1.6 miles to stretch my legs a little and hopped back on the treadmill. I am happy I ran slow and it is good to know I won't be kicked to the curb.

I have no plan for the week. I am going to go by what my body says; I think it is the best because I need to recover from the race.

1 comment:

The Happy Runner said...

I believe in going by how your body feels. It will let you know if you are pushing too hard, for sure. Glad you're feeling good.

And...you won my giveaway!! Send me your address and I'll get the Solixir to you!