Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Party Day

Today is Halloween party day at both schools my kids attend. It is hard to believe Halloween is already here. I don’t know how it snuck up on me, but I haven’t even gotten decorations out (much to the dismay of my children). Needless to say food and Halloween go hand in hand. Since I knew I’d be attending Punky’s party in the morning and tasting some of the goodies I knew I needed to get my gym visit in early.

I slept in this morning (ADP stayed home from work to attend the parties) and made it to the gym at 6:45 a.m. I planned on 45 minutes of cardio but as soon as I got on the bike I realized it wasn’t happening. I opted for 45 minutes of easy biking based on my heart rate. No problem, I can handle 45 minutes on a regular, up-right bike. I forgot my earphones and music this morning so I had to listen to the music being piped through the whole gym. It wasn’t interesting me so I focused on my upcoming comp exam. Wow, did it ever work! I hopped off my bike after 12 minutes and literally ran to my locker to get my little notepad. I headed back to the bike and started taking down notes. Biking and taking notes on a little, itty-bitty notepad doesn’t make for easy writing, but I did it. I figured out what I need to have in my comp exam (well, at least lots of the high level pieces) and what order I’d like to have everything in. I was so excited I finished 15 minutes early and went home to get everything down on regular paper.

This morning wasn’t a good physical workout, but I can now say I’m ready for my comp exam and comfortable with all the materials I have been reviewing. Sometimes the mental breakthroughs are better than the physical workout. I’m on cloud 9!