Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Change of Scheduling

I was up early this morning and I ran 4 miles. I started out slow and my legs were feeling really good so I sped up for the last two miles. It is good to have my legs back to normal!

This week brings a change in scheduling. I mentioned that we joined Gold’s Gym over the weekend (once again, thank goodness for the $1 joining fee). I was running five days a week and until I find a sports medicine doctor to go to about my toe I plan on running only two days a week and going to the gym the other three days. The biggest change: I get to sleep in an extra three days a week!! I’ll be heading to the gym at various times of day, but never early in the morning due to kids and ADP’s work schedule. I plan on enjoying my extra hour of sleep three days a week.

This week’s plan:
Monday: 4 mile run (done)
Tuesday: 6:30pm gym…maybe see what ADP loves about stair climbers
Wednesday: rest day
Thursday: gym (need to work with ADP on time)…try out those bike things
Friday: rest day
Saturday: 7 miles if my foot is feeling good
Sunday: gym (time depends on when the Green Bay Packers play)…elliptical

I don’t especially want to go to the gym on Sunday, but I have a prior commitment on Wednesday nights and it doesn’t seem like a good idea to exercise Friday night and then go on a long run Saturday morning. I’ll try this plan out and see what changes to make for next week.

4 comments:

sam said...

yay for the extra sleep! always a plus. How is the toe feeling lately? I hope you find a sports medicine doc soon!

Breakfast I skipped again today. I really need to get a handle on this. I am too lazy to do anything even poor cereal in a bowl. Im thinking nutrigrain bars or something like that. Do you think that is enough?

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Looks like a good plan. FYI I slow down to runn with hubby.. Maybe ADp will do that for you to make your dream come true :)

Believe said...

Sounds like a good plan! I hope the toe mends ok!! Happy Running :)

Velma said...

I love that you plan around Packer games :)