Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Back to Basics, 3 miles

It seems like ages ago when I would get up and consider 3 miles a long run. This morning I ran three miles and it felt like I was getting back to what I consider my basics. Three miles before the kids wake up meant I slept in an extra 30 minutes! Sleeping in and running still left me time to get my push-ups and crunches in. I’ve been so time constrained in the morning that I haven’t had time to do these extras. I didn’t realize I missed them until I got down on the floor this morning to do my push-ups. I admit I do girlie push-ups, but for good reason: my lower back can’t support me to do full out push-ups. I would love to do “real” push-ups. I’ll just keep trying and someday I might be able to do them.

Tomorrow is packet pick up day and I’m excited! Along with picking up the packet, I’m going to search out the start and possibly the finish lines. I usually do my long runs on Saturday mornings so I’ll probably go out on a very easy short run tomorrow just to keep my body moving and to calm my jitters. On the other hand, I may no go out running tomorrow. I’ll just have to wait and see what morning brings.

Today: 3 miles
Weekly total: 21 miles

1 comment:

The Happy Runner said...

Good luck on Sunday! I hope you have a great race!