Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

#1698

I opted to sleep this morning instead of go for a short run. Let me tell you, I’m happy I slept because I’m feeling well rested today. We spent a couple hours at the soccer field freezing this morning (the wind was a bit cool) and then went to Albany. I have my packet! My bib, #1698, is ready to be pinned to my shirt, my chip tied to my shoe and then I’ll be ready to go.

ADP and I talked about tomorrow and the race and finally came to a decision. He and the kids will drop me off at the starting line in the morning and pick me up when I’m finished. One of the guys handing out packets heard us talking about it and he bought my bus ticket from me. Love that I recouped my $5 bus fee!! Now that I have my bib and free shirt (a technical shirt to boot) I’m getting nervous. I’m sure my nerves will be fine by the time I start running but starting is 18 hours away. I plan on using some of this energy to do homework.

Tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. I’ll be off. I can’t wait.


I know new gear should not be tried out for the first time on a race day, but it is going to be cool tomorrow and I'm wearing my new gloves, The North Face Bamboo Glove Liner.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck tomorrow! Have fun and run fast! :)

Manderz said...

good luck!!! I am nervous too!