Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Wow Week, 6 miles

I finally took a few minutes to look at my running schedule for the week and all I could say was WOW. Yesterday I did four mile repeats and this morning I already put in a 6 mile run. Yet to come this week: 7 mile, 6 mile, and 12 mile runs. This is my biggest week ever.

Yesterday I did mile repeats and this morning there was an e-mail from Runner’s World Magazine (I subscribe to a couple e-mails from them) about mile-repeats. It is a worthwhile and relatively short article if you want more information on mile (or any distance) repeats.

This morning felt good. I debated doing my seven miles today because we have a pretty easy morning schedule, but I stuck with six. I am glad I did because the last half mile was a little more challenging because I was holding my right shoulder up and it started to hurt (a lot) toward the end. I have a tendency of holding my shoulders up when I sleep on one side through the night; it is almost like my shoulder is stuck up. I’m working on it because I don’t want it to be an issue in a couple weeks when I run my half-marathon.

Today: 6 miles
Weekly total: 10.4 miles

No comments: