Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Why Blog?

This summer I have spent a lot of time reading a whole variety of book. One of the books I read was The Non-Runner’s Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On with Your Training by Dawn Dais. Somewhere in the midst of reading the book it occurred to me that while I won’t make a million dollars journaling about my training, it is a great idea.


I’ve tried journaling in the past and it has never stuck. I’ve written journals using pen and paper as well as on the computer in a word document. It just didn’t interest me to write things out long-hand and I couldn’t find anything when using a word document. I’ve blogged before, so I thought I would try it out for my training journey. Guess what? I love it!

I think everything is relatively easy to find. I have even gone back and read what I wrote. It also serves as a good reference for me when it comes to gear (a.k.a. my wish list).

On a side note, if you are a female runner and haven’t read Dawn Dias’ book I suggest you check it out from your library and take a look. It is a good read.

No comments: