Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Walk Through the Orchard, 7 miles

Last night the kids had their fitness club at one of the local apple orchards. Normally we go to the orchard for the purpose of picking apples and eating cider donuts (if you’ve never had them, you need to!!). Some explanation was in order as to why we weren’t eating the apples on our walk; thankfully both kids listened and didn’t pick any apples. We had a leisurely 40 minute walk through the orchard and then headed home. The walk felt good and nothing hurt but by the time we got home I was feeling my run in every stair I walked up. My legs were all worn out!

This morning I still woke up and ran seven miles this morning. I didn’t have much desire to do all seven, nor did my tired legs. When the desire isn’t there is when I shouldn’t run on a treadmill. Treadmills, while convenient and easy to use, also make it extremely easy to take a break. I took a couple extra breaks this morning during my run. I’m not happy to admit I took the breaks, but I did. I don’t think I would have finished my run if I hadn’t, so I’m counting the breaks as a good thing today.

Today: 7 miles
Weekly total: 17.4 miles

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I try to focus on what I have done instead of what I have not. You may have taken breaks but you did it!!

A walk through the orchard sounds amazing. We are going to the Pumpkin patch this weekend.

Thanks for dropping in on my Giveaway!