Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Repeat Performance, 6 miles

This morning’s run was a repeat performance of Wednesday’s challenging run. I’m tired so I took the run a little slower than normal; it didn’t help. I put a new movie in; it did not capture my attention. I finally turned the move (Adventureland) off and went back to watching Numb3rs season 4. Changing the ‘channel’ helped a little – at least the run did not seem like a chore, it was just an unmotivated run. I need to find my motivation before tomorrow morning when I have a 12 milers planned.

I am beginning to more fully understand why people run together. Two weeks ago I had no problem getting through 10 miles by myself. For some unknown reason I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around 12 miles. I know I can physically run 12 miles, but I think it would be a lot easier if I took some music along or had someone to keep me company. All food for thought because someday I want to run a marathon, I won’t be training alone if I have a mentally hard time conceptualizing 12 solo miles.

Today: 6 miles
Weekly total: 23.4 miles
Countdown: 16 days to go!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You know, 12 isn't so bad. It's the repeats that kill me. 7 again???
I really don't think I could run without music. That's a long time to run truly solo.

I think about you every time I get up to run!

Keep those feet moving, Girl!