Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Month and One Day

I am getting really excited! In one month and one day I’ll be running my half-marathon. Training hasn’t been half bad (other than those pesky hills and having to run “fast”). I haven’t hurt myself (yet). My family is still talking to me (which means I’m not gone too long on Saturday mornings). I looked up the course and it is basically all downhill. I have no idea where I am supposed to go to get on the bus, but I’ve got a month to figure out the details. All in all, I’m getting a kick out of this training and the upcoming race.

I was talking to a friend over the weekend and she is also training for a half-marathon. She’s running a different race, but running none-the-less. We are both running our FIRST and had a few running things to chat about when we ran into each other at Target. Both our husbands are very supportive of us running and can definitely tell which days we run and the days we don’t. ADP grins and bears it on the days I don’t run while my friends’ husband tells her to go out and run. Apparently we aren’t as chipper on the days we don’t run. Who knew? Her race is coming up soon (she and her husband are both running the half), it is on Sept. 20. Good luck Amy! I can’t wait to hear about your race.

No comments: