Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

One Mile at a Time

This weekend we went to an out of town wedding. I haven't been to a wedding in a while so it was nice to get dressed up, see extended family and enjoy some time away from the house. I may have mentioned that before getting in the car on Saturday I ran eight miles. While it wasn't the most fun run in the world, running in the morning made eating at the reception much more fun! I had no qualms eating until full (but not stuffed) because I had put in my miles. I enjoyed appetizers, wine, salad, champagne, and salmon with some delicious steamed veggies. We missed cake because the kids can only stay up so late, but I don't know if I would have had room for cake after all the other food.
I woke this morning not 100% sure what I was running this morning (that is what a weekend away will do to me). Well, it wasn't the most fun because I don't describe repeats as fun. 4x mile repeats with a 2-3 min break between. The run was easier than usual, which makes me wonder if I pushed hard enough. Maybe next week I'll push a little harder. Today, I'm calling it good!

Today: 4.4 miles
  • 4x mile at 10K pace
  • .1 mile walk between repeats
Weekly total: 4.4 miles

2 comments:

Manderz said...

I was also featured on the FRW website and I wanted to say hi and let you know that I am running the HMRCC 1/2 marathon on 10/11 too! I wanted to wish you the best of luck!

Melissa said...

I love that you use a mile as speed work!