Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Kids are Running, 5 miles

Last night the kids started their fall fitness program. My kids are young for running, but exercise in the form of games is always a good idea. To say the kids were excited would be an understatement! They watch both their parents run and even go along in the jogging stroller occasionally. So, for them to go to fitness club where there is running was major in their world. They had fun for 90 minutes warming up, playing games, cooling down, and the evening was finished with water and a snack. They were tired and happy kids when we got home.

My run this morning wasn’t nearly as exciting as the kids’ program last night, but it served its purpose: getting me ready for much longer running. Unfortunately, I still have a kink in my neck that just won’t go away. I think it has been there for over a week and it is more annoying now than when I first got it because it just won’t go away. I don’t think there is much I can do about it so I just went ahead with my run. I am tired so I started slow. Apparently too slow because I kept speeding up and ended up doing a repeat of Wednesday’s run. In the end I have five more miles done!

Today: 5 miles
Weekly total: 19.9 miles

No comments: