Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hydration Belt

Today is a rest day so I did some shopping. I have been reading up on what I need to do for long runs and hydration kept coming up over and over. I don't go far from the house when I run, but I don't go by the house at all so I went shopping for a hydration belt.

I looked at my options on-line, but since I am planning on wearing the belt I figured it was better to try them on. I went to a few stores and tried on a few different brands and styles of hydration belts. I ruled out hand-held hydration right off the bat because I am not carrying 20 ounces of liquid in my hand while I run; it would get heavy really fast.

I plan on topping out my runs (at least for now) at 13.1 miles! So, I figure 20 ounces will suffice for these runs. Through research and trying them on I settled on the Fuel Belt Wachusett Belt (see picture).

Here are some of the pertinent details:

  • Two 10 oz. bottles in the back
  • Adjustable cordura straps with front velcro closure
  • Knit elastic stretch for comfort and no-bounce fit
  • Reflective rear neoprene pocket• Reflective tabs
  • Bottles are dishwasher safe
  • Total Volume: 20 oz.
  • Sizes: One Size Fits All*
  • Color: Black

I can't wait to try out the belt this week!

*Not all belts are one size fits all, so go to a store and try them on to see what size you should get.

No comments: