I looked at my options on-line, but since I am planning on wearing the belt I figured it was better to try them on. I went to a few stores and tried on a few different brands and styles of hydration belts. I ruled out hand-held hydration right off the bat because I am not carrying 20 ounces of liquid in my hand while I run; it would get heavy really fast.
I plan on topping out my runs (at least for now) at 13.1 miles! So, I figure 20 ounces will suffice for these runs. Through research and trying them on I settled on the Fuel Belt Wachusett Belt (see picture).
Here are some of the pertinent details:
- Two 10 oz. bottles in the back
- Adjustable cordura straps with front velcro closure
- Knit elastic stretch for comfort and no-bounce fit
- Reflective rear neoprene pocket• Reflective tabs
- Bottles are dishwasher safe
- Total Volume: 20 oz.
- Sizes: One Size Fits All*
- Color: Black
I can't wait to try out the belt this week!
*Not all belts are one size fits all, so go to a store and try them on to see what size you should get.