Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

8/8, 6 miles

I feel like I take two steps forward only to go back one step. Last week I ran had a longer long-run and I ran more miles during the week. This week I'm back to the mileage I was doing before starting my training. I know it is for good reason (so I don't hurt myself and so I don't burn out), but it is still frustrating.

This morning I went out early (4:50 a.m.) and did most of my run before the sun came up. It has been a long time since I had a moon lit run; I have to say I loved it. I also don't look up very often so I was surprised to see the constellation Orion above the tree line. I associate Orion with winter, not with early August!

I wore my hydration belt for the first time today. While I didn't need the powerade zero (next time a flavor other than grape - yuck!), I want to get used to running with the belt and getting the bottles in and out as needed. It didn't shake around, bounce, or bother me in the least. I wore it around my natural waist as opposed to around my hips which probably helped keep it in place.

Today:
  • 6.1 miles
  • cool

Weekly total: 19.3 miles

Half-marathon training total: 62.3 miles

No comments: