Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8/4, 5 miles

It is finally nice outside, the rain has ceased and we are enjoying highs about 80 and lows about 60. Perfect summer weather for enjoying the outdoors and for sleeping. The problem is that it isn't perfect for sequestering myself in the basement and running on a treadmill. When it is nice out, the treadmill just doesn't do it for me the same way running outside (early in the morning) does. Whether I want to or not, my schedule isn't conducive to running outside early in the morning during the week...unless I want to push our bright yellow sail of a stroller with over 80 pounds of kid riding along. I know I need to try it out, but pushing the kids along on "my time" just doesn't sound too appealing to me.

I treadmilled my run this morning (I'm sure "treadmilled" isn't a word in the dictionary, but it's in my vocabulary for the days I run on a treadmill). It was warm. There isn't any air movement save the fan I have blowing on me. I went nowhere. BUT, I did run 5 miles and while watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Today:
  • 5 miles (slowed pace at 2.5 miles)
  • cool (4 min walk)

Weekly total: 7.2 miles

No comments: