Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

8/24, 4 miles

Today's title could have easily been "Jelly Legs" because by the time I was done with my running my legs were like jelly! My training plan says 3 x mile at 5-10K pace, 2-3 min rest between. I've said it before, I don't know what my 5-10K pace is, so I had to wing it. Perhaps not knowing is why my legs are jelly.

Since I wasn't sure how fast to run, I did a .5 mile jog to warm up and then proceeded to attempt running one mile at 6.5 mph (9:14 min mile). I should have checked the speed before attempting it because while I managed to finish all three miles, it was really hard to finish. My rest was a .15 mile walk at 4 mph. I'm glad I finished for the day. Unfortunately I have to repeat it next week.

Today:
  • 0.5 mile jog to warm up
  • 3 x mile with .15 mile walking rest

Weekly total: 4 miles

No comments: