Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

8/1, 7 miles

Last night ADP and I went out for dinner and a movie. We had a great dinner (if you like salads and have never been to a Salad Creations you need to see if there is one in your area) and then went to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. When dinner was done we debated driving around the mall to be closer to the theater. ADP said ‘let’s race there.’ In my confusion about what the plans were I asked if he meant race to the car. His response, “no, we are distance runners.” I almost corrected him because that had been my mode of operation for the majority of our married life. Then I thought about it, how could I contest being a distance runner when in less than 12 hours after our conversation I was planning a 7 mile run? I couldn’t, so I walked to the car with ADP, we drove around the mall and went to the movie.

I did get my 7 miles in this morning and it went well. I had a great dinner last night, but a different dinner than I am used to – this not recommended before a long run when there are no bathrooms nearby. The whole run went faster than I expected since I didn’t sleep well (too much diet coke at dinner). It was cool (58F) when I went out which made all the difference in my run.

Today:
  • 7 road miles
  • Cool (walking around the court)

Weekly total: 17 miles

No comments: