Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7/28, 4 miles

I haven’t been feeling well the last couple days and I have been eating very little so my run was a little more difficult than usual. I’m looking forward to having my stomach be back to 100% so I have the energy to run more again.

This morning I made it out of bed in time to get in a run. My schedule called for running a fartlek yesterday, but since I skipped yesterday because of my stomach I did it today. The challenge is the fartleks that I have been doing have been working (this is a good thing) and now they no longer have the same efficacy. I am trying to figure out a new ‘fast’ speed to run when I am doing speed work. I’ll work on it more in the coming weeks playing with the speeds of both the speed/recovery parts of the run.

This morning:

  • 1 mile warm up
  • 2 miles of fartleks (.25 mi @ 6.2mph, .25 mi @ 5mph)
  • 1 mile cool
  • Walk to finish out my 50 min

Weekly total:
4 miles running

No comments: